Arden Escrow: Your Resource for a Successful Escrow
As your escrow company, Arden will assist you in following all of the steps to a successful escrow. We assist clients in making their way through the following checklist and are available at each step of the process to help.
Recommendations for Buyers and Sellers:
- We will make sure you have your Escrow Reference number to use for all future communications.
- We recommend you read and understand the Preliminary Title Report. If there is an item you don’t understand, we will assist you.
- COMMUNICATE with us regarding any changes, loan approvals, instructions, and related issues. As your escrow officer, we follow your instructions when you order payoffs releases, etc.
- Arden will assist you to make sure that all changes are in writing. Remember, with rare exceptions, escrow acts only on MUTUAL instructions.
Recommendations for Real Estate Professionals
- If you are a real estate professional, it is important to understand the fiscal tax year, debits, credits, prepaid interest, impounds, due dates and delinquent dates in order to explain this information clearly to your client.
- Familiarize yourself with “normal” buyer’s and seller’s closing costs.
- Check each signature for accuracy as to middle initials and spelling. Have your client sign exactly as shown on the document.
- Make sure all required documents are signed and notarized when applicable.
- Use the following checklist to double check all papers and documents before returning them to your escrow officer:
- Documents are signed properly.
- Any and all changes are initialed.
- The vesting shows as the clients had requested.
- Addresses are supplied for all future correspondence.
- Any changes in phone numbers are provided.
- Any and all addenda are executed.
- All funds held by the broker are deposited into escrow